Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Documentation...

I think... and this is a big think..

I think I'm going to start videoing myself during practice. I want to document how I am progressing and well video seem like the way to go. I'm sort of skeptical though. I am not in the best of shape at the moment. (still have a bit of baby weight that has refused to go away)

At the moment the only thing that I can use to video myself practicing is my laptop.. not sure how well this will work but I'm willing to give it a go. Once I've amassed enough videos I may post a chopped version of it on here to show how far I've regressed and how far I want to go.

I have approximately two weeks until my teacher training and am trying to gain a bit of my flexibility and strength back. I've postponed my Ashtanga practice for the moment because my teacher, whom I'm receiving my training from, advised me to branch out just for now since the training is in Vinyasa style versus Ashtanga. So, I've been using YogaGlo for practicing and am liking what I've been practicing so far.

Not sure if I'll maintain a Vinyasa based practice once this is all said and done but we'll see. I still have strong feelings for my Ashtanga practice and hope that by building back strength and flexibility through these practices I will be able to dive back into Ashtanga and take my practice back to where it was. We'll see though.

For now I'm reading and trying to learn a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment