Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ayurveda..?

Lately I've been working out with TurboFire and going over the nutritional guide. In the guide it states to eat 3 meals a day along with 2 snacks that follow a caloric guideline. Now, usually I would follow this but I'm finding it difficult.

I've read that Ayurveda guides people to eat 3 meals a day with lunch being the largest meal because your metabolism is strongest at this time.

How does one figure out which is the correct guidance?

I don't know if I should be eating 5-6 times a day or three meals a day. I feel more drawn to the idea of three meals a day but am.... torn.

Ultimately, I emailed a Ayurvedic Consultant to ask my questions and hope for some answers. At least describing why Ayurveda prescribes three meals and why the 5-6 meals would be wrong. I feel more inclined to follow the Ayurvedic traditions since it lines up more with yoga than Western theories.

On a good note... my practice is coming along nicely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment