Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Succumbing to Boredom


      It has completely and totally been one of those mornings. You know the one I'm talking about too. You wake up on the complete wrong side of the bed, later then you intended, missing out on whatever you were getting up early that day for, only to sit in an office for the remainder of the day twiddling your thumbs trying to keep yourself sane and occupied at the same time. Yeah, that is pretty much my morning and day thus far. 
       Alarm set for 5 am so that I could get up to do yoga but did not wake up until 5:53.... too late to begin practice because at 6:30 I had to be at the dining facility for breakfast. Breakfast... if they can call it that was not appetizing and only added to my day being bad. 

       I need to turn it around. Lunch time will be better though. I'm scooting out of this drab building to actually do yoga and then I'm going to fix up an awesome smoothie with pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, chia seeds and yogurt :). Bout the best I can do with what I have here on this military post. I'll snap a shot later to show you the yummy concoction that I whipped up. 

Au Revoir!

2 comments:

  1. Finally convinced Google that I really do want to follow this blog. Lunch sounds fab. Set the alarm for 4 a.m. and maybe you'll be up in time for your practice, you go through your day so much better when you don't miss it.
    You don't want to hear about our last 3 days, and the boat is still rocking. How can family members blithely say "I love you" and then not give a hoot when there is a serious situation?
    Reading "All Creatures Great and Small" for about the tenth time. Animals are generally so much nicer than humans.
    My plea for rain has been answered with probably 6 to 8 inches in the last few days. Junior has inherited Sassy's thunderstorm terror, got caught outside in a popup. He hasn't been near the door since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah well I would send more rain from Louisiana but I think it's pretty much staying around here. We've had more rain in the past 5 days than Mississippi has had in like four months.

    Nevertheless, glad you finally convinced google to let you follow :). As far as reading material, I'm stuck reading Hemingway's short stories (not as good as I hoped) and more on Frederick Douglass and other slaves for my research paper. Three more weeks and I'll be a grad!

    Other than that, I'm trying to read Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattahbis Jois who basically founded the Ashtanga Yoga we have today. Comprehension is my battle with that right now. Mostly because I haven't read the major scriptures that back up all his information in the book. So I'm going to have to go into deep study once my Bachelors is over.

    ReplyDelete