Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Rest Day and Work


      Saturdays are rest days from practice but I found other more interesting things to do today. I decided that besides helping with the canning (even though I didn't really do anything) I was going to do laundry. Then after doing laundry it was lunch time and then resting. Sort of at least. I ended up going out to the garden and looked around at some of the veggies that I was interested. Particularly, the spaghetti squash. I want to try some of that stuff and this is my first time growing the stuff so I'm not really sure how it's supposed to look. 
             Forums I've read say that the squash needs to be a pale yellow, or the vine that it's growing from should be brown. Then again I've read others where it said that, picked anytime it would taste good. If any of you have any advice about spaghetti squash I would be glad to hear it. :)
      Nevertheless, after checking on the items in the garden it was supper time. I don't have a photo for that but it was some yummmmmyyyyy pizzas :). I'll post the recipes tomorrow for those lovely things. Healthy (unless you're on a no wheat kick) and delicious. After we ate dinner and rested for a second it was time to walk the dogs and then I decided it was time to plant or transplant my herbs to my garden box. My wonderful husband, Zachary, built it for me :). Ain't he sweet. So far I have Rosemary, Lavendar, French Thyme, Mexican (I think) Oregano, Parsley and Sage in my box. Just need a few more and I'll be complete. I need to have them grow so I can dry them and store them. 





So this has been my glorious little Saturday of no practice but mindful awareness. Feeling the ground beneath my feet as I work and dig in the garden soil was lovely. At least, until it was time to clean off. Then it was a pain in the butt. It was a relaxing day though. Tomorrow shall be similar only I'll have completed my practice by 9 am. I may concentrate on certain poses tomorrow as well. It will only be a half Primary practice though. I hope it will be a good one. Yesterday's practice was kind of lazy.

Anyways, Pizza recipes tomorrow and maybe some other juicy tidbits to make as well :).

No comments:

Post a Comment