Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Enchiladas con Pollo


      Phewwwww! This was one of the hottest, hardest, intricately made dishes I've created in a while. Mostly, it was due to the fact that the tortillas are a complicated matter. Sure, it's easy enough toasting tortillas up for tacos or something but when you get to dipping them in some enchilada sauce... things get messy and difficult.
      I had to first find the right consistency for the tortilla dough (I don't like recipes so I just winged it). Next, it was on to toasting and frying those suckers up. This is probably the most heart UNhealthy meals I've had in a long time. The tortillas, after being dipped in sauce, were fried in lard. Yep, lard! Mmmmm. Feel those arteries clogging up already. It was delicious! I try not to eat unhealthy all the time but cutting corners to have an amazing meal sure does make anyones mood better somedays.
      To go with the enchiladas I made spanish rice and some tomatillo salsa (or salsa verde for those who know it as that). Put the salsa on top of the chicken I sautéed with some queso fresco and BAM!! You have one fine meal. A friend of mine gave me the recipe and I thought that since today was a moon day that I would take all my energy that I didn't expend doing yoga and instead make a delicious dinner for my husband and my in-laws :).
       Definitely worth the two trips to Wal-Mart! Yeah. Now it's time for bed though. I know I haven't been keeping up on this blog lately but I'll get the recipe for this dish up soon as well as an update on my practice. As for now.....

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment