Sunday, July 1, 2012

Not As Planned

       This morning my alarm went off at 6:30am, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why! Then I remembered, it's Sunday, I needed to practice Ashtanga, and then eat a healthy breakfast. . . all before 9.

      Sadly to say, this did not work out. I reset my alarm for 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, AND FINALLY woke up at 7:45. Or rather, I crawled out of bed at that time. I just did not want to get up at all. I'm not sure if it is the heat getting to me or just my body not getting the energy it needs. I feel a blueberry, strawberry, pineapple smoothing coming on in a minute.
      Anyways, after I finally picked myself up out of the bed and after walking the dogs, I decided I needed to get my mat and go outside. Yes, outside. Am I nuts? Probably, but the sunshine is much more preferred to the light bulbs lighting up the inside of the house. I prefer natural light to anything really. If glass wasn't so dang expensive I'd have a glass house made with some huge curtains to line them. :) That just seems magical to me.
      Off topic again, but to the point, I unrolled my mat and stood there for what seemed forever. Finally, I made my way through the first sun salutation and made it to the fifth of the first series. I finished three of the second series before calling it quits. I couldn't concentrate on my breathing and my awareness was everywhere BUT on me. Mainly, my grandmother-in-law was outside watering the plants and I was concentrated on her. Then someone drove up into the yard, and that was when I decided it was quitting time.

So here was my sequence this morning:

5 Surya Namaskara A's (Sun Salutations)
3 Surya Namaskara B's
Yoga Mudra (modified due to pregnancy)
Padmasana
Utpluthih
AND Corpse Pose

Very short.. very, very short. I feel lame. Tomorrow I hope to be up and about before 7:45 and well into the practice before anyone starts moving around. Let's see if I'll make it though.

If anyone has an suggestions for a healthy meal that is scrumptious, please let me know. I want to try something different for a change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment