Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dry Brushing and Saturday Oil Bath Together?

Alright, all you Ashtanga practitioners who are way beyond my knowledge level, I have a question. I recently found a document labeled Abhyanga: The Art of Self-Massage. In this document it seems to combine both the acts of dry brushing and the oil bath. Only this oil bath is done with sesame oil (almond or sunflower if your skin is sensitive).

Are both of these practices done together usually for the Saturday tradition?

I mean this is pretty much straightforward, and, minus the dry brushing, it reminds me of Claudia's blog on "Castor Oil, the Ashtanga Yoga Saturday Practice." Only different oils of course.

The document is from Kate O'Donnell and can be found under the Resources tab here.

What are y'alls thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment