Friday, September 14, 2012

New Toys!! :)

Over the past week I've been reading up on Claudia's blog and she has this awesome link to what she calls Claudia's Book Club and currently she is reviewing Gregor Maehle's book Pranayama: The Breath of Yoga.


I ordered my copy two days ago and received it yesterday :). So far I've only read the introduction but I'm eager to get reading on the chapters so I can compare notes with Claudia about the book. Lucky for me she's ahead :). Which means I get to read her thoughts on the chapters after I've read the chapter to gain a better understanding of the chapter. 

I wish there were book clubs for other books I have. Namely, Maehle's Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy.

Mostly, the Yoga Sutra portion. I'm trying hard to comprehend what I'm reading, but it's a bit difficult. Ok, maybe not difficult but there is so much commentary to wade through. 

After I finish those two books are finished, I also have B.K.S. Iyengar's Light on Yoga: Yoga Dipika.
This one poses interest to me. I am hoping to be able to start reading it soon. 

OH, and I also got this nifty little thing. 

Thank you Claudia for posting your blog on dry brushing. I can't wait to give this a shot. More information to come as I read both books, Ashtanga Yoga and Pranayama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment