Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gorgeous Weather and Laziness

I haven't the slightest clue why, but when the weather turns out to be extremely nice I end up turning into a lazy bum. All I want to do is lounge around and lay outside. You would think that one would be a bit more active when the weather turns gorgeous. Not this girl, I end up not being worth two cents.

That being said, I woke up late today and missed practice. I didn't even walk on the treadmill BUT I did walk back and forth from the fire we had going to the house to use the bathroom. We were stoking a fire and getting things ready to cook like pioneers. :) We had a cast iron dutch oven hoisted over a fire that we slow cooked some soup in.

Ingredients:

1/2 deer- 1/2 hamburger sausage
1/2 stick butter
onion
crushed tomato
corn
chick peas
black-eyed peas
long grain and wild rice
okra
celery
potato
chicken broth
beef broth
(I forgot about the carrots)

...... I think that might be all we had in it. I can't remember I was pretty much tossing in stuff and should probably say we had a goulash and not a soup haha. To top it all off we had a side of cornbread. It turned out better than I had anticipated it would.

While it cooked on the fire I tried reading through Chapter 1 of Maehle's Pranayama book. Still working on it though. I'm going to tackle some more of it tomorrow since I finished my homework today!

I also found this awesome lecture on the Yoga Sutras by a professor named Dr. Chris Chapple. He's a professor at Loyola Marymount University and has been studying Sanskrit since he was 18 (he claims in a video). You can find his lectures here. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the first lecture. It begins on 9/06/09 Part 1 and continues to 10/29/10. After I finish Maehle's book I intend to listen to these lectures as I go through the Sutras. Hopefully, it will benefit me a lot better than going through it by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment