Friday, August 24, 2012

Practice and Two Sutras!

Ok so the reading of the next two sutras actually happened last night but I at least made it through two more :).

I woke up this morning with the intent to practice (somewhat) yoga. I didn't realize the time, however, when I rolled out of bed. My alarm had gone off, and so had my husbands. See, if it was my alarm that I awoke to I would have been fine, but waking to my husbands is something totally different. Nevertheless, I rolled from the bed, grabbed my mat, and laid it on the living room floor. I finished some morning necessities and looked at the clock.... 8:30. It was 8:30 when I rolled out of bed!!!! I was appalled at myself. BUT, I resumed my activities and got onto my yoga mat.

I made it through 5 Surya Namaskara A's before I realized that I absolutely did not want to continue with B's. Therefore, I stopped at the fifth set and then let myself flow through a few different poses that stretched my body in places that felt wonderful. I had no set practice, I just went. The results were quite lovely actually. I was in a pretty good mood all day (even with the campus bookstore being retarded as all get out and not getting to spend too much quality time with my husband).

I was full of energy most of the day, and I only really sat around and did homework, or attempted to. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do things a bit differently. Well, the wake up part at least. I will probably still sit around and do homework, but this is merely because I have two chapters of Nutrition to read as well as two chapters of Statistics to read. Ugh, Statistics will most likely be the death of me. :/ I can't stand it. I'd rather take Calculus, but the prereqs didn't call for Calc... no it called for Stat.. Poop on them. Who needs Stat? Apparently I do.

On a completely different note. I'm quite eager to receive my edition of Elena Brower and Erica Jago's newest book Art of Attention. They are doing wonderful things with this book. Elena provided the sequences and Erica is drawing the "asanaglyphs" for them. It's pretty nifty stuff. Wish I was as innovative as that. Not to mention, if you contribute to their cause a teacher is given a book free of charge to help worth while causes like Africa Yoga Project and Akasha Project. I want to hold this book in my hands because it means that it has actually been completed and that others are benefiting from the book.

Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to stride forward and make it a great day. Yay for Saturdays!.... Wow, I just realized that tomorrow is Saturday. Therefore, I will not be completing Ashtanga but I probably will do an easy prenatal class. Thank God for YogaGlo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment