Tuesday, August 28, 2012

T'was a Sad and Unmotivated Day

Woke up this morning ready to feed the little tyke (Isaac) and noticed he had a bummed right front leg. Naturally, I was concerned he was hurt and might need some sort of medical attention. Made the WORST mistake of my day. Took him to the vet to get looked at.

Those bastards TOOK him from me and said I couldn't take him home because it was illegal to rehabilitate wild animals without a permit!!!! I'm not sure if she noticed or not but pregnant ladies don't like being told they can't have a cute cuddly little squirrel. She wouldn't let me hold him again and said that there was a lady that would rehabilitate him about 20 miles up north. I was devastated. Quite literally. Turned into a blubbering bafoon. My husband had to drive us home. The only thing that kept me from taking him back was that I'd probably hurt him in the process of taking him from her, well that is unless I knocked her unconscious. Not to mention they have all my information so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been long before the cops were at my door step.

Nevertheless, I was devastated all day at the loss of this little fella. I didn't realize I had acquired such an attachment for him in so quick a time period. Zack tried calling the main Vet at the clinic and he said he'd see what he could do but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I just have to rest assured knowing that, if he's in a wildlife rehabilitation center, he'll get good care and eventually be released back into the wild. Honestly though, that didn't make me feel better at all. I pretty much moped all day. It was/is pathetic really, I know, but I can't help it. I want Isaac back. NOW.

Needless to say, today was a practice-less day. I may do some calming practice later, but honestly I don't feel like doing crap. I read some Statistics and now I think I may continue on with my Sutra reading, up to 1.8 (although I don't really understand it all that much). I may have to get a different commentary or go to a workshop on the Sutras.

Do they have such a thing?

Seems everyone is talking about workshops and intensives these days. Either I'll read "I'm going to a workshop/intensive" or "Hey, we're holding a workshop/intensive". Makes me quite upset really. I live in the middle of BFE and the nearest workshops to me are at least 2 hours or more away, and at the moment, the idea of riding in a car that long to and from a workshop seems daunting and unnecessary on my aching back. I do want to go to a workshop though.

I need to find one in the states that is close to me.

I'm not sure how to really find one though..........

Goodbye Isaac! May you have a long and healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment